Eric R (KeyMaster) View all posts in this topic  
Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:27 pm
All good        

You had said that you were going to bed, so I figured it was "no news is good news" That was at about 5 A.M. your time, right?
The details:
Leon had found an empty restaurant parking lot within a 1/4 mile from the freeway exit and had been there since about 10:45. he was able to get a couple hours sleep and had just gotten up and walked over to the bike when I called him to let him know we were on our final approachI had actually pulled into the gas station directly across the street from his location thinking the light might be better and not knowing if we had beat him there)
I swapped the lever out for him and included the pivot screw and nut and had him pack his lever up for an emergency spare. It was bent just enough to be dangerously out of easy reach. My lever was missing the little knob on the end(the previous owner, not me, the cltuch lever was my fault 8), hopefully it works okay for him.
We got to chat with him for way too few moments and then he was off making up time and I was getting home so I could get an hour and a half sleep before coming into lunch.
All three of us were very happy to have been able to help.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic