Duke Dunsford (Expert) View all posts in this topic  
Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:27 pm
More Tuesday        

Well...he's heading West, now. Smile It's always a good feeling to be on the downward stretch with the end in sight, and the light at the end of the tunnel is becoming brighter with each mile that passes.

Duke is in Quebec, which is good for timing. However, it's terrible for cell phones. Apparently my Canadian coverage doesn't count for Quebec. We tried calling each other for 3 hours today (it had been almost 6 hours since we'd talked). He finally realized that he was out of signal so stopped to call at the first payphone he came to. He'll probably be without phone coverage until sometime tomorrow now, so information is very limited for now.

He's doing ok. The ribs are feeling ok, which I think the two days of riding have helped - he's been mostly stabilized which helps with the healing process.

He's planning to be back in the states tomorrow via the Sarnia/Port Huron crossing, and on his way to Denver. He's been repeating the mantra all day (RideToDenver...) and can't wait to see his wife and puppies again. Smile (And his wife and puppies are about ready to see him, too...)

Thank you for your continued well wishes! Every chance I get, I read him your different posts. They're not typed in vain.

Leon is also on his way to Denver as we type/read. He's planning to be at Alan's house tomorrow and in Denver by Thursday evening.

Just so y'all know, I'll also be heading out to Denver. I fly out on Thursday, and will be there before Duke gets there. If you don't see much activity here, that's why. I will be sure to keep in contact, though, and make sure things get posted.

-Heather

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic