Heather D (guest) View all posts in this topic  
Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:06 pm
Back In English...        

Duke's been back in Ontario for a while, and he's just a little past Toronto now. He's back to having fun. Smile The rain is gone, the sun is shining, and he's riding his bike. It's amazing what a little sunshine can do for the spirits.

He feels good that he's going to finish, just like he set out to achieve. After reading today's report to him and telling him that there's 4 more that are DNF'd gave him a boost of encouragement as well.

He's going to get to see his aunt and uncle for just a brief moment as he crosses the border, and then it's on to Denver.

I can't believe it's here...each time I look at the clock and prepare one more item either for me for the trip, or for the dogs while we're both away, my heart starts beating a little faster. I feel the same way the lovers feel at the end of "West Side Story" when they're singing "Tonight". makes me want to just break out in the chorus!!! (For those of you who don't know, classical voice is my forte...)

I'll be sure to add one last post before I leave tomorrow morning, and I'm sure there'll be something for me to add tonight.

He's having fun! Smile
-Heather

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic