Duke Dunsford (Expert) View all posts in this topic  
Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:47 pm
Home Sweet Home (from Heather)        

We made it to TN tonight, just after 6:30pm. (CDT) We had to stop and pick up our car from Duke's parents' house. His mom was sweet enough to take me to the airport on Thursday. Since I had to impose on her morning at the last minute, I figured the least I could do was meet her at her house.

We pulled into our Smyrna, TN driveway right around 8:15pm. I haven't seen 2 puppies so excited in a LONG time! Alex was wagging her tail so hard her entire body was about to explode, and as we were letting Lectra out of her crate, she made this "It's about time you people showed up!!" sound that was just adorable!!! (in case there are any of you that don't know, Alex is our 22-month-old yellow lab, and Lectra is our 15-week-old border collie.)

As I said in an earlier post, sleeping in a bed is rather painful, so Duke has found la-la-land rest in our lazy-boy recliner in the living room. He did sleep a good portion of both yesterday's and today's drive home.

It's almost a bitter-sweet ending. We've spent the better part of the past 2 years spending every spare second (and also some not-so-spare) preparing, stressing, riding, paying for, etc... And, WOW! It's been here and gone just like that!

I want to publically send out a special note of thanks to Leon. He gave up part of his vacation time, and much of this year, for these past two weeks. Words just can't express how much I appreciate all you have done to help make sure my husband and best friend came home. Thank you, my friend!

Alan and Jennifer - thanks for letting us crash at your house both on the way there and on the way back. Alan, thank you for routing your vacation this year to Denver, CO and being there to make sure everything was ok to begin the second leg.

And, EVERYONE else - THANK YOU for your calls, emails, words of encouragement, willingness to help in any way! I have been truly blessed with such a wonderful circle of friends. You all have no idea how much it meant to both of us to know that you were all there.

One of these days I'll get my profile re-done, but until then...

LONG LIVE the NINJA 250 RIDERS CLUB!!! Smile
-Heather

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic