Ionized (Rookie) View all posts in this topic  
Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:58 pm
Bohring stuff ensues        

geekonabike wrote:
Were his contemporaries skeptical that it was his? (Or his and his wife's?)

Indeed they were, though it is hardly well known. For instance, here is a quote from Max Born on talking of the 1905 paper "The striking point is that it contains not a single reference to previous literature. It gives you the impression of quite a new venture. But that is, of course, as I have tried to explain, not true."

Also, some guys called Lenard, Weyland, and Gehrcke directly accused him of "plagiarizing the math of Lorentz, the space-time of Palagyi, and the non-euclidean geometry of Varicak." Apparently Einsteins response to this was only to ad-hom attack his accusers. The press of the day played their part in keeping the facts hidden.

But this whole Einstein thing is just one example in the history of physics where plagiarism and popularity won out over truth. I won't get into the details but the field of cosmology is ripe with treachery, deceit, and manipulation of facts to expound a paradigm as 'truth' when it is nothing more than regurgitated interpretation used to hold up positions of stature and vast monetary support.

geekonabike wrote:

Oh, projection disorder. Very Happy You got me, what's EMAG?

If we're not careful, this could get Bohring.

Projection disorder? I had to look it up, still don't see what you meant though. Tongue

In plasma cosmology, electromagnetism (emag) is taken into account in the study of universal process and structure, from the planetary scale all the way up to the largest scales imaginable. This goes against the standard paradigm of considering only gravity and ignoring any effects of electromagnetism in the plasma that pervades all of space.

I'll keep what I think about 'Bohr' and the whole quantum debacle to myself lol, except to say that David Bohm should be required reading for anyone who was taught the status quo interpretation of QM.

Bohring! Let us go ride our bikes!

Post a Response | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic