bigbadleroybrown (guest) View all posts in this topic  
Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:23 am
finished with project        

OK. I'm finally done with my street fighter project bike. I got the bike, a silver 02 for my sons to learn to ride on last fall from a friend of mine in Tennessee. They cut their teeth on it and I decided to have a little aesthetic fun with it back in July.

I think it turned out pretty well, and I'm proud of it. It's a home-made, one-of-a-kind custom street fighter. My sons and I did all the work ourselves. It is a ?bad boy? bike and not for the faint of heart. It no longer has ANY of its safety features. (no tach, speedo, kickstand indicator, chain guard) It is very loud! It corners like nothing else, and has a lot of pull noticeably stronger then a stock 250.

We removed upper, lower, mid fairings and side panels. we have removed the headlight, headlight assembly, instrument cluster, handle bars, mirrors, turn signals and front fender. we have removed the air box, mufflers, coolant reservoir tank, rear foot pegs, grab bar, tail light assembly and chain guard. (About 50 lbs of stuff!) Then we rebuilt it. I think it turned out well. Let me know what you think.

A lesson I would like to share. Make sure you take the wiring harness off yourself! My 16 year old did most of the tear down, and forgot to label anything when he took it off. It took two days to get the wiring back right.

Hope you enjoy this.

Image042.jpg

Post a Response | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic