rats4ever (Alien Resident) View all posts in this topic  
Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:28 pm
"Good" routes        

Good stuff in OK is mostly SE of Mr. Tulsa, and not on the way to my place, at least if you're talking winding roads. I don't know if you've seen the older architecture of Rt. 66 towns, but sometimes 66 is a nicer way to cruise between Tulsa and OKC.

There's also a pretty area around Okmulgee and Dripping Springs park if you want to head south then west. If you do, you could take the back roads (the state roads, not the gravel) to route 62 and head west. I like 62, even though it's mostly straight. It's pretty this time of year, and a pleasant alternative to I-40. Around OKC, I usually take people to the little road around Lake Stanley Draper, and then on down to Thunderbird Lake by back roads. A shorter loop is Spencer-Jones Rd. and Hogback Rd., coming back on route 66 past Pops. When they're around, the ducks at the public park in Jones (a 2 stoplight town) are kind of cute.

For funny (a la Beavis and Butthead) place names, Bowlegs, Fallis (sadly, not Phallus), and Nowhere are all reasonable rides from here. Unfortunately, Gay, Beaver, Hooker, and Slapout are a bit of a distance.

-Matt

Post a Response | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic