geekonabike (Addict) View all posts in this topic  
Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:21 am
Didn't notice other problems with tank        

Bokonon wrote:
My concern with this bike, as with the 08-12, is the bulges in the tank. How did they feel on your knees? I know the J model wasn't built for people with legs as long as ours; just wondering about this one. I couldn't see myself hanging off an 08, but I only sat on one once.

I don't think I'll be buying one of these but I was curious. Maybe I'll change my tune. By rights I'm probably too big for it, but I didn't notice any undue tank obstacles. Maybe on the road it would be tough on the muscles that keep the knees in. I don't know.

This particular dealer wanted MSRP+$500, like they wanted with my 250 Ninja, which I bought elsewhere for MSRP+$100. So I bought parts there since they were convenient, but I guess I still won't buy bikes there.

I'm pretty moody, unlike my expat buddy (CBR150 notwithstanding) Razz so right now I'm going to mess with my V-Strom for a while. I trust it in cooler weather over my Sportster. I will say that I look forward to next month's Motorcycle Consumer News which will be testing the NC700 and the 300 Ninja. That could be worth a year's subscription right there.

Best to ya.
-Mike
'07 DL650 V-Strom
'06 XL883 Sportster

Post a Response | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic