Ongaku (Rookie) View all posts in this topic  
Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:19 pm
7" Round Headlight w/ Stock Gauges, LED Mirrors, &        

So finally got around to changing out my Headlight, here's some pictures, lmk if you have any questions. the pictures are also clickable to enlarge. Big grin Enjoy~!

Bought a used old OEM Shadow or Night Hawk Light off of ebay for about $30 shipped. Light was already a H4 setup so didn't have to worry about conversions.

Stock Ninja 250 guages off another 2006 ex250f - like new - off ebay for about $20 shipped. Switched out the "icon" indicators off my ninja 2006 with the ones in the ebay guages, which were "words" and imho didnt look as nice.

De greased, sanded, and sprayed the annoying "mid pipe" that attached to the cans. Mine had rusted and looked pretty bad. The rustoleum BBQ 1200* aluminum color actually matches the foot bracket pretty well. It also is standing up to a beating a lot better than I thought it would. Gonna make a post about that side project with pics later.

The bracket for the guages was aluminum and was designed by me and fabricated by my mechanic over at Andy's Motorcycles. Spent the better part of a day figuring it out, but i like how it came out and not too sure that I want to paint it as the aluminum blends better with the chrome.

I kept my other blinkers still for extra visibility as the mirror ones are not very visable. just put them right through the bracket i bought off amazon, a generic black bracket for like $15 shipped - has 3 holes on the bracket. They needed to be molded to the contour of the fork better, we did this with a rubber mallet, was very easy.

The mirrors I got because they looked nice and worked well with the preexisting mirror holes on the master brake cyl. and clutch assembly. Though after trying to get them tight enough so they would not move, I noticed the right still moves and might have to be permanently fixed in place, or the internal spring replaced with washers. - Thats another mech visit. I notice I have better visability with these mirrors because of their shape and the angle of the mirror, but the location makes them incovienient for taller drivers. Also they're plastice so getting scuffed a little at the tips.

Recently got my personalized plate in. Spray painted the nuts and bolts black to blend in better. took the full 90 days to get here.

Post a Response | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic