florida-rider (Rookie) View all posts in this topic  
Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:31 am
Heck of a ride        

wardie wrote:
Put my soft sided saddlebags and small bag slung over rear portion of seat and took my 07'/ 250 Ninja to Moto GP in Indianapolis, went to Fingerlakes rally in Upstate New York and finished it off riding from Ohio to Biketoberfest in Daytona and back about 2,200 miles. I have a Laminar Lip, Winter Wings and a Corbin seat. Bike is wired for Gerbing Heated Clothing. This year I installed a SW Motech rear rack and JC Whitney top box.

I camped at the Fingerlakes rally for several days. I carry a small good quality one man tent and sleeping bag and thermorest. Soft sided cooler for beverages and a one person cooking set. I usually maintain 72-75 mph and always remember that I am not piloting a liter bike so one must be aware all the time and leave yourself an opening.

Great bike will really teach you a lot about handling a motorcycle and how to keep your speed up. Wardie

Well I don't know that I will ever do anything as serious as those rides, mostly because of my obligations at this point.
It may sound like a stupid question but other than having more power for acceleration what does the size of the bike have to do with leaving yourself an opening? I would think a smaller light bike would be more nimble for getting out of harms way in an emergency.

Post a Response | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic