wardie (Rookie) View all posts in this topic  
Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:45 pm
NT        

Brian I don't disagree at all. It's really about if yopu have enough experience to know when to twist the wrist and for how long to twist the wrist and most importantly whats on the other end of that throttle cable. Is there enough??

As an example; if you're approaching a truck/semi on a long grade. You look in your mirrors (feeling your speed is starting to drop cause you're in top gear) Trying to estimate closing distance , you approaching the truck and the cars in your left hand lane approaching you. With a liter bike you maybe go down one gear, clear your shoulder and move out into the lane and back again. With the 250 that may be problimatic at best. I guess to paraphase Clint Eastwood in one of his spaghetti westerns.."a mans gotta know his limits" same thing here.
Riding tons of miles on the 250 I think I know what it's limits are and try not to appraoch them if at all possible. Sometimes things happen and you have to know through experience what to do.

How do you get experience? I did MSF courses, Experienced rider courses and Keith Codes California Super Bike School. I practice by riding with good people.

Again I have no arguments with anything anyone has posted I just have a different view point. I have to plan a lot less on a bigger bike because I have a great suspension, great brakes and much HP. But..I love my 250 and wouldn't give it up for anything Smile

Post a Response | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic