steveadicks (guest) View all posts in this topic  
Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:17 pm
Car problems        

I got a 2000 honda accord. I've had it forever, it seems to have some odd electrical problems. The horn was stuck on, full blast one day, so I unplugged it. Then every now and again the security system would go off (lights flashing) and I wouldn't notice it so the battery would die. After afew free batteries from sears, over the last 3 years, I decided to get the horn fixed, and security system disabled. A wire to one of the horns has a short in it, so the mechanic hooked up only one horn. Around the same time one of the power windows failed. Now the battery will charge I can crank the car up, turn it off, then crank it up again no problem. But if it sits overnight it won't start or will start slowly. So my conclusion is either the battery won't hold a charge overnight cause I killed it too many times, or its related to the horn or power window. I pulled the fuses from the power window, and horn. I'll check tomorrow and see if it's still doing it. Anyone had similar problems? Did it ever get fixed?

Post a Response | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic