iNOSFERATUii (Lurker) View all posts in this topic  
Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:45 pm
31.JANUARY.2017 - TRANSPORTATION TUESDAY        

FRUSTRATED...AGAIN!!! ...

I.AM extremely frustrated again because I am back to my original problem: Hit the STARTER button and all I get is a "Click-click"

Trouble-shooting:

So...I am about to go out and try to start her again...but I wanted to post this so I could get your input and thoughts about this problem...

Are MC Batteries really this poor in quality? I've had this bike since 2014 and have had to buy 4-5 batteries...I also have this battery problem with my 1984 Honda Nighthawk which has a known factory defect that doesn't charge a bike...but I really thought I would get a longer shelf life out a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja Battery.

Perhaps I should consider investing in a Lithium Battery? Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions? Anything will help...I am sure.

Thanks in advance.

iNOSFERATUii wrote:
KDW wrote:
You still have fuel in your oil (or at least that's what you've described). If you haven't fixed that problem you're not going to make any progress.

So!!!...it took me FIVE MONTHS but I finally drained the oil (it DOES smell like gas) and turned the crankshaft counter-clockwise as instructed (it TURNED)...it was hard and a little tight but it did turn about three times after applying a little elbow grease!!!

So I am assuming that this means my engine is NOT SIEZED (thank the Ninja250 gods)...Now, I am going to refill the oil, install the battery (FULLY CHARGED-it's been on a tender the last two weeks) and see if I can get it started...

Is it okay to do that since I've done and checked everything else posted?

OH! Wait...someone said something about spark plugs and the carbs...do I still need to check those also?

I guess I should mention that I had had a minor accident in which I laid down the bike on its left side (I say this because I am again assuming that that is how gas got mixed into the oil)...SO...do I still need to check the spark plugs and carbs before attempting to start it???

After a 1 year and a half of no motorcycle, I am a little anxious to get it started and ride again...

Post a Response | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic