John (guest) View all posts in this topic  
Mon Apr 29, 2002 12:25 pm
Re: Bad Bad News        

Sympathies, Scott--nothing but sympathy. Happened to me, too.

Now that we've drifted completely off the topic of the board. Here's a million dollar's worth of advice... absolutely free to anyone who's been in this situation from somebody who's been through it:

1. Go to your doctor (there "reduced cost" clinics), explain what's happened, and ask for every possible series of tests that they can think of--STDs, AIDS, everything. Even if your significant other swears that he/she doesn't have anything, don't believe 'em (they've already proven they aren't trustworthy).

2. Cut your losses. Abandon all contact--EVERYTHING, PERMANENTLY. Get what you NEED and get away. Dragging out the end of a relationship where there are bad feelings will always be worse that the temporary heartache of "quitting, cold turkey." Remember: "He who fights and runs away can run away another day."

3. I hope you're a beer drinker. I'll buy ya' one (or two) if I don't get called out of town this weekend--ever been to "PT's"? Good place for beer... =-)

4. I'll bet everybody here thought that I was just some inconsiderate, uncaring, self-centered, heartless prick. Didn't ya?

Now, back on topic:

If you ride, make sure you do it when your mind is clear--if you're distracted on a bike, you won't see that cage with your name on it. (Again: Experience).

Oh, one more thing I just thought of (on the board topic, of course--I'm trying to distract you)--You mentioned wanting to remove the decals from your bike. The FAQ is right, use a hairdryer or something to warm them up, and they'll peel right off. I followed that advice and did the sides and tail this weekend... someday I'll do the lower and the tank.

Now, I need to see if I can get some cool "H.M.S. Beagle" stickers to put on the tail.

Post a Response | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic