kangster (guest) View all posts in this topic  
Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:33 pm
Re: Riding Pants        

Hi all. After reading through this thread (and a few others-- hey search does work Wink ) I decided to give some of the reinforced jeans a try. After doing some more research and reading a lot of reviews I decided to get the Cortech brand jeans with leather in the rear end area and built-in removable knee pads.

First off, the quality of the jeans I got was pretty good. About as good as any levis or old navy jean that I would normally buy. It weight about 10lbs but other than that, you can't really tell that there's anything different about them (except maybe when you have the knee pads in).

I haven't had a chance to ride in them yet, but i wore them around the house yesterday and they are really comfortable. I can see after a couple washes (they are washable with the leather, just need to hang dry) and a little breaking in and they will fit perfectly. The fit is true to size (ie size 34 = 34).

The knee pads are comfortable to sit around in and I've read you don't notice them while you're riding and I would believe that, but they are kind of annoying if you are walking around in them because they hang lower than your knees when you are standing. The knee pads are in little pockets inside the pants and attached with velcro so they are not easy to get in and out.

Can't wait to give it a try this weekend.

Post a Response | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic