djrussell (Veteran) View all posts in this topic  
Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:09 pm
It's part of the PAIR valve system        

Pulse Air Injection Reed valve that is. It lets air into the exhaust so the catalyzer can combust left over fuel. There should be a tube that goes from the air box to this spot with some sort of valve in between to start/stop the flow of air. I think it's 16126 on this diagram.

These are commonly disabled or blocked off when switching to an aftermarket exhaust that doesn't contain a catalyzer.

 Post a Response | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group