Are you interested in riding the '17 IBR on an EX250
Yes 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

OldMarine (Regular) View all posts in this topic  
Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:47 pm
a few years back I bought Leon's rally bike.        

I did that with the intent to inter the Iron Butt. I have had some med issues and cash flow irregularities so have not even put 1000 miles on it. The rally may be in the cards for 2017. I have been working on the bike for a while bit by bit. It needs some more mods as Leon and I are drastically different body shapes.
I have been riding again this summer for work so my endurance is getting better. I know the bike can do it. Parts are not a prob. I own my own business so don't have to ask for time off etc.
The limiting factors are cash and my med stuff.

Oh and have to endear myself to Kneebone. I am planning the but burner and saddle sore this summer to get on the "radar" then the 50CC next year.

Thinking of doing a radical re-body aka a Vetter to improve fuel mileage and being knocked around by the wind. Then I need better riding gear too. lucky I can take all of that off my taxes as I use my bike for work.

From reading the rally blog I think a through waterproofing of the wire loom will be in order. along with waterproof cases for gps.

I know this is more than what was asked but I an in bed with my back problems today so I am fighting boredom.

2013-Alans-Ninjas-45-web.jpg

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic