maddevill (guest) View all posts in this topic  
Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:30 am
It LIVES        

So, after he crashed the Flying Banana, ( yellow 2002) I went to my friends place where we set to work. First did a valves adjust and carb sync since the bike was at 12,500 miles and we didn't know the maintenance background. 1 intake tight, 2 exhaust loose. Replaced the bent left bar, and the left rear turn signal. Also changed the rear brake pedal that we JUST changed last month! Changed the oil and filter and took it for a spin. Runs great, tracks straight and true. Heard a rattle from the front so we took off the front wheel and discovered that both fender mount bolts were missing from the left side. Got those back in. Meanwhile he decided to manhandle the bent fairing mount with his manly bare hands. Wouldn't you know it he almost got it straightened out. I actually think we can bolt a fairing back on. He has decided he's also going to try his hand at piecing the fairing back together using ABS cement and ABS sheet. He likes projects like that. So we may have a complete upper for sale later as we got a replacement. We may also have a spare fairing mount for sale as well. He is thrilled to be back riding the Banana. He's grown fond of it even though he stated he hated yellow when he first got it. This was also his first experience working on a bike and learned a lot.
All in all a good days work.

Mad

Post a Response | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic