jgiacobbe (Rookie) View all posts in this topic  
Fri May 12, 2017 1:34 pm
10 years later        

I started riding a little silver Ninja 250 as my first bike back in April of '07. In 09 I sold that little Ninja and bought a 09 DL650. I still have that Vstrom but I've bought and sold a few other bikes as 2nd or 3rd bikes. There was a WR250R dual sport, then a VFR800, then a wild but breakdown fraught excursion into sidecars with a 2015 Ural cT. Now all those are gone again and I find myself remembering all that I loved about my little ninja in a new package that I now prefer.

Tuesday I purchased a new '17 Versys-X 300. Many times I thought about buying a Ninja 300 but I prefer upright seating and more leg room. I knew I wanted another small displacement bike and had been considering a Duke 390 or similar for the last year or so. Last week I saw that the versys was now at dealers and decided to go look at one. Then my dealer had one available for demo rides. That sealed the deal. The VFR that was my barely ridden second bike had to go so I could make one of these mine.

I know some of you are on this forum with a Ninja as your first bikes. It is tempting to get bigger and faster bikes. If you can own more than one, consider keeping your ninjettes.

Post a Response | Reply with quote | Return To Forum 
View next topic View previous topic